University Fernando Pessoa
Validation of foreign secondary education

Students who completed their secondary education abroad must obtain proof of correspondence of the foreign secondary education to the Portuguese secondary education.

This document can be obtained any Portuguese secondary education school or at the Directorate-General for Education:
– Secondary education school within walking distance of UFP: Escola Secundária Filipa de Vilhena;
– Search for Portuguese high schools online: (in Portuguese);
– Directorate-General for Education: (in Portuguese).

To request this document, applicants must generally give in at the secondary education school or the Directorate-General for Education:

1. Foreign secondary education diploma or school leaving certificate:
– indicating the schooling years, the level of studies obtained, their final grade and the grades of the school-leaving exams;
– issued in its original language;
– authenticated by the official education services of their home country and recognized by the respective Portuguese diplomatic authorities or bear The Hague Convention stamp.

2. A translation of the above identified document, by an officially recognized translator.

3. Applicants may also be requested to present:

a) A declaration, issued by a duly competent authority, duly authenticated, with information about the classification scale used and the minimum positive mark;
b) Information about the foreign secondary education system in question (for example: number of years of study, admission conditions, certifications).

Note: The secondary school may request all or some of the documents above, so we recommend that you check with the school first!

Last update: 01.03.2016