1st Cycle Undergraduate Degree (1)/6 Semesters/180 ECTS
Coordination: Prof. João Casqueira (email@example.com)
This programme provides solid and comprehensive knowledge in Political Science and International Relations and several related areas of study, providing the student with the intellectual means to confidently pursue his/her studies at a higher level.
One can expect to get in-depth critical analysis of the world’s political, economic, social and cultural features, combining theoretical study with the debate of practical cases.
At the end of the course of study the graduate will be able to:
• understand the fundamental concepts of Political Science and International Relations;
• understand the great shifts in International Relations in the Contemporary age;
• perform a professional activity in the fields of Politics, International Relations, civil service and mass media;
• analyse, interpret and debate the major events in Politics and International Relations.
The 1st cycle in Political Science and International Relations has 6 semesters, corresponding to 180 ECTS:
Introduction to Law and Political Science
Theory and History of International Relations
Social and Cultural Anthropology
Methodology of Social Sciences
Great Subjects of History and Journalism (18th-21st centuries)
Ethics and Political Science
State Theory and Public Administration
Optional 1 (*)
Portuguese Constitution and the European Union
International Political and Economic Order: Globalization and Glocalization
Optional 2 (*)
Political and Economic Diplomacy
Public International Law
Population Policy and Migration Movements
Human Capital and Competitiveness
Optional 3 (*)
Democracy and Citizenship
Psychosociology of Organizations
Optional 4 (*)
Internship and Graduation Project
(1) – Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the undergraduate degree and allows access to the 2nd cycle of studies (120 ECTS), which confers the master’s degree.
(*) – To be defined in each year by the Faculty.
Apply now for a study programme at UFP:
Apply on line
Detailed information about procedures, conditions and fees: