1st Cycle Undergraduate Degree (1)/6 Semesters/180 ECTS
Prof. Nuno Magalhães Ribeiro (email@example.com)
The aim is to educate and form specialists in the areas of Information Technologies (IT) and Information Systems (IS) who are able to understand and respond to current challenges inside organizations raised by the shift to the Information Society. It is required that an engineer is able to analyse and solve problems while taking into account technical, economical and social criteria. This programme aims at educating such professionals, who will be able to know how to decide in such ways so to respect the balance among development and the use of technology and its ethical and social impact.
In the end of the programme, our students possess the required competences for the following professional roles:
– Consultant in the areas of IT, Software Engineering, Multimedia, Computer Networks, Multimedia Design and Web development.
– Engineer, Systems Analyst and Information Systems Administrator.
– Software Engineer.
– Application analyst/programr.
– Database programr/administrator.
– Multimedia applications designer/programr.
– Web developer.
– Project manager.
– Technical coordinator.
The 1st cycle in Computer Systems Engineering has 6 semesters, corresponding to 180 ECTS:
Introduction to Algorithms and Programming
Optional I (*)
Algorithms and Data Structures I
Programming Languages I
Algorithms and Data Structures II
Hardware and Sensors
Programming Languages II
Computer Networks I
Integrated Project Laboratory
Computer Networks II
Optional II (*)
(1) – Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the undergraduate degree and allows access to the 2nd cycle of studies 120 ECTS, which confers the master’s degree, in the branches of Information Systems and Multimedia and Mobile Computing.
(*) – To be defined in each year by the Faculty.
Apply now for a study programme at UFP:
Apply on line
Detailed information about procedures, conditions and fees: